Friday, January 7, 2011

Snow Boots

This morning, I am setting out to try to find snow boots.  I am, shall we say, unhappy about this.

First, I should not even have to be thinking about snow boots because I live in North Carolina and it's not supposed to snow here.  Also, we've already had three snow "events" in December, and when there is a harsh November and December in the South, we're supposed to have a mild January and February.  The National Weather Service said so!

Nevertheless, the local weather people say something is coming, and given the recent spate of masses of birds falling out of the sky all over the world, the crazy out-of-control weather worldwide in the last year, and the fact that the Republicans took over the House, I think we should all concede to Al Gore that global warming is upon us, or to the super-evangelical doomsdayers that the end of days is coming.  One or the other, something is causing things to spin out of control and for snow to happen three times too often in Dixie.


I want to spend neither money nor time on this endeavor.  I don't know where to go to get snow boots.  I am almost certainly too late, anyway, doomed to face store after store with empty shelves.  I cannot come home again this year with a pair of totally inappropriate wedge-heeled, fur-lined boots for my five-year-old because that is all that was left at the Shoe Show.

If anyone of my two followers reading this blog has access to some snow boots they no longer need, I would be forever grateful if they would kindly let me know.

By the way, I never did clean my windows, and if it snows, the fact that I did not waste my time will be at least one good thing.

No comments: